Millpond Equity Partners, LLC (“Millpond”) is an operationally-oriented, lower middle market private equity firm founded in 2015 and based in Boca Raton, Florida. The firm currently manages six portfolio companies and is continuing to grow its portfolio. To further its growth strategy, Millpond is seeking to hire an Associate or Senior Associate to join its investment team. The firm brings experienced private equity leadership, strategic expertise and operational know-how to support management teams in maximizing opportunities for growth-oriented, lower middle-market companies. The firm focuses on control-oriented investments in businesses participating in the education & training, healthcare services and broader outsourced business services industries.
The Associate / Senior Associate will participate in all aspects of the firm’s investment activities including analyzing and screening new opportunities, developing a deal-specific investment thesis, researching industries and companies, performing valuations and developing financial models, assisting in the financing process and in general due diligence activities. As part of a small and intimate team, the individual will have full participation in all Investment Committee and portfolio company Board meetings. In addition to pre-close and fund-level responsibilities, the Associate / Senior Associate will be centrally involved in evaluating, formulating and implementing transformative value creation strategies with each of his / her portfolio companies with support from seasoned, best-in-class operating experts. This position will work closely with the Partners but will have a high degree of autonomy.
Candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Strong undergraduate academic record (with a preference for finance or accounting degrees)
- 2 to 4 years experience in private equity, investment banking, leveraged finance, management consulting, corporate development or transaction services (accounting)
- Prior experience in transaction execution
- Strong financial accounting and modeling skills with the ability to model acquisition candidates and perform related financial analyses
- Knowledge of corporate finance concepts such as valuation and risk/return dynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under time constraints
- Ability to recognize underlying problems, interpret trends and condense large amounts of information into logical, thoughtful and concise solutions
- Professional maturity, high level of integrity and accountability
- Detail oriented nature with an ability to translate data into insights
- A passion for learning new things and a natural intellectual curiosity which leads to asking probing and appropriate questions both in pre-close diligence and in post-close portfolio management
- An ability to manage multiple concurrent work streams as part of larger transactions or strategic projects
- A self-starter with a high sense of urgency and the self-discipline to follow things through to completion
- Good sense of humor, energetic and desire to work in fast-paced, collegial atmosphere
- Healthy blend of self-confidence and humility that enables him / her to share well-founded opinions and an openness to hearing those of others
- Team player who views success as the success of the team
- Excitement for and professional presence to work collaboratively with c-level executives at current and potential portfolio companies
Compensation will be competitive including equity participation and/or co-investment opportunities in certain circumstances. Please e-mail your resume to [email protected] if you are interested.